Saturday 11 October 2014

Something different...

Hoi,

Today's post brings you two entirely different kind of mini's. First up are some Infinity Ariadna Highlanders. I have painted these up to resemble Northwind Highlanders for my Battletroops games, or rather skirmishes set in the Battletech background. But I also am going to use them as groundpounders for the British Star Empire from the Toby Frost books featuring Space Captain Smith. I am at the moment looking into a suitable Smith model to supplement them.

So here are the Highlanders:



These truly are very nice figures and when at the Crisis I might be tempted to buy some others just to paint.

Second is a rather more unusual set of figures. These are firemen included with a model fire truck my son got for his B-day. They were factory painted in red and silver. My lad picked them out the package and said: well real firemen aren't red Dad, the fire is red... and since he's Fireman Sam fan to the core, Dad went and took his brushes.

Before:

After:


Cheers Sander

Listening to: "To Megatherion" by Therion.

1 comment:

Uwe said...

Hoi Sander,

congratulations to your son. I told my parents too that they have to paint my Cowboys and Indians and see how it ended:-)

cheers
uwe