Thursday 18 December 2014

Boardwalk Empire, of sorts

Hoi,

In order to supply at least some form of terrain for my new Victoriana project, I have obtained some boardwalk tiles. These are for sale at the local Gardening Store as a part of those Christmas villages one sees popping up all around in this time of the year.

The first picture shows the unpainted and painted versions. I had to chip the stones in order to give them a more weathered look. I am not sure I really like the end result but it will have to suffice for now.


The second picture shows the inclusion of a column for posters which I obtained at the same store and duly repainted.

More to follow in due time.

Cheers Sander

4 comments:

Blaxkleric said...

They look just the job. guess I'll be visiting our local gardening centre this weekend. Thanks for the heads up :-)

Unknown said...

I think they look fine as they are. The only thing I could suggest is to add a wash to weather them up a bit.

Have a Happy Christmas!

Michael Awdry said...

What a great find.

Sander said...

Thanks gents!

@Anne: the boardwalks are far darker in real life, but due to the flash used they show up very light in the picture. Yet I'll give them a wash anyway since they could use some more grime indeed!